Monthly Archives: April 2018

The perils of buying a Google pizza

“Is this Gordon’s Pizza?” “No sir, it’s Google Pizza.” “Sorry. I must have called the wrong number.” “No sir, Google bought Gordon’s Pizza last month.” “OK. I’d like to order a pizza.” “Do you want the usual?” “The usual?” “According … Continue reading

Posted in Health, Humour | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Window cleaners and their insatiable curiosity

When I was a teenager I let in the window cleaner into the house. He came round once a month doing the windows both inside and outside. He was a seedy looking thin faced man, with ever shifting eyes. I … Continue reading

Posted in Autobiography | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Why Syria was really bombed: three photos

Chris

Posted in Politics, War | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Book Review: Mohsin Hamid ~ How to get filthy rich in Rising Asia

When your first book is The Reluctant Fundamentalist the bar is set very high indeed for subsequent books. The temptation is to write the same book again. I have in mind Lee Child, Ian Rankin et al. who write scores … Continue reading

Posted in Finance, Literature | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Sorry

Does Teresa May or Amber Rudd’s apology Mean they’re sorry for their actions, that were first initiated Under Teresa May’s it began, under Amber Rudd’s authority activated Or, does sorry really mean – were sorry you lot found out? “Well, … Continue reading

Posted in Poetry, Politics | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

David versus Goliath: the Campaign against Barclays Bank 1969-87

In the period 1959-69 there were boycotts of South African goods and sport. Boycotts included not buying South African fruit or playing international cricket. Universities boycotted academic jobs and conferences1. The Anti-Apartheid Movement (AAM) failed to galvanise the British public … Continue reading

Posted in Economics, Finance, Politics | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Empathy Explained

Never tell your troubles to anyone. 20% of people don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them. Richard M

Posted in Humour | Tagged | Leave a comment